Best Free Bet Scout takes a look at the Champions League betting tips for the outright winner, ahead of the draw on Thursday evening at 5pm BST.
Champions League group stage draw
Date: Thursday 30 August 2018
Draw start time: 5:00pm (BST)
Watch live stream or TV: BT Sport (TV and online app)
Liverpool could face two tough opponents
After Benfica qualified for the Champions League group stages on Wednesday by beating PAOK Salonika 5-2 on aggregate, Liverpool have been placed in pot 3 for the draw on Thursday evening.
Despite reaching last season’s final, Liverpool have a lower UEFA coefficient (62.000) than Benfica (80.000) and Roma (64.000) who are the lowest ranked team in pot 2.
Had Benfica not qualified, Liverpool would have pushed up to pot 2 due to the fact that the only other higher ranked team in the qualifying rounds, Basel, failed to qualify.
Who could Liverpool face in the first round of the Champions League?
This means as well as one of the top ranked sides in pot 1, Liverpool could also face one of the following tough teams in their group:
- Borussia Dortmund (89.000)
- Porto (86.000)
- Shakthar Donetsk (81.000)
- Benfica (80.000)
- Napoli (78.000)
- Roma (64.000)
Rules of the Champions League draw
- Teams from the same country cannot face each other
- Pot 1 consists of the current Champions League holders (Real Madrid), current Europa League holders (Atletico Madrid) and the champions of the six highest ranked nations.
- Pots 2, 3 and 4 are ranked on the clubs’ UEFA coefficient scores
Champions League outright winner best odds
(All odds are correct as of 11:00 BST Thursday 30 August, and are subject to change)
- Real Madrid (7/1 – William Hill)
- Atletico Madrid (41/1 – William Hill)
- Barcelona (31/1 – Bwin)
- Bayern Munich (8/1 – Bwin)
- Manchester City (5/1 fav – William Hill)
- Juventus (6/1 – Betfred)
- PSG (9/1 – Novibet)
- Locomotiv Moscow (500/1 – William Hill)
- Borussia Dortmund (66/1 – Bwin)
- Porto (100/1 – Betfred)
- Man United (14/1 – William Hill)
- Shakthar Donetsk (200/1 – Bwin)
- Benfica (200/1 – Novibet)
- Napoli (33/1 – Betfred)
- Spurs (25/1 – William Hill)
- Roma (50/1 – Bwin)
- Liverpool (10/1 – William Hill)
- Schalke (200/1 – Bwin)
- Lyon (80/1 – William Hill)
- Monaco (66/1 – Betfred)
- Ajax (150/1 – Bwin)
- CSKA Moscow (200/1 – Novibet)
- Valencia (66/1 – Betfred)
- PSV (150/1 – Bwin)
- Viktoria Plzen (750/1 – Bwin)
- Club Brugge (400/1 – Novibet)
- Galatasaray (200/1 – Betfred)
- Young Boys (500/1 – Bwin)
- Inter Milan (40/1 – Novibet)
- Hoffenheim (100/1 – Betfred)
- Red Star Belgrade (500/1 – Bwin)
- AEK Athens (350/1 – Bwin)
Best Free Bet Scout’s outright Champions League betting tips
After signing on for another two years, Juventus boss Massimiliano Allegri will be 100% focussed on winning the champions league at the fifth time of trying.
After bolstering his squad with the biggest transfer signing of the summer in Ronaldo (£99.2m), whilst also strengthening in other key areas with Douglas Costa (£36m), Emre Can (Free) and Leonardo Bonucci (£31.5m), it’s clear Allegri’s intentions are to make that final step and succeed in Juventus’ bid for the Champions League this season.
Juventus have been Champions League runners-up twice in the past four seasons, so with the amount spent in the summer, you can bet they are fully intent on going for the big prize this season. Best Free Bet Scout is tipping Juventus to go all the way this time round.